An update on the WSR motive power situation
Dave Horton, WSR's Head of Mechanical Engineering, has issued the following update:
- Nos 53808 and 53809 in service.
- No 44422 now repaired and available at Minehead as back-up engine.
- No 6960 currently undergoing washout.
- Nos 7820 and 7822 both due a washout and some attention on various bits and pieces.
- No D6575 now back in service after repairs by the DEPG.
- No D1010 is hauling the incoming charter on Saturday 19 August.
- No D1661 standby at Bishops Lydeard.
In view of the above, late yesterday afternoon [18 August] the Management Team collectively decided that the 'BL2' diagram (1105 ex-Bishops Lydeard etc) will remain diesel-hauled until Friday 25 August 2017. It is felt better to maintain the published yellow timetable with two steam plus one spare (as opposed to three steam plus zero spare), such that we can feel confident of launching back into a reliable three steam operation in time for the forthcoming Bank Holiday weekend and beyond.
Some light engine positioning moves may be seen towards the back end of this week.
19 August 2017
Details kindly provided by West Somerset Railway Plc